GSX CrossFit (817) 732-7479
CrossFit Journal: The Performance-Based Lifestyle Resource

Schedule and Pricing

People We Support

Use Code "Tasty Treat" for 10% off your Kill Cliff order!

Shop Now Rogue Fitness

Crossfit Store

Archives

April 30

1 Rep Max Jerk
Then,
Work up to a Heavy 1 Rep Deadlift

Reader Feedback

12 Responses to “April 30”

• Jenny says:

Some heavy lifting with the 6:00am crew! Awesome PR’s for Patrick and Chuck.

• Chuck says:

Split jerk 225#…a new PR by 20#. Worked up to a 365# DL which was a new PR by 50#. Good Friday.

Good work and lots of improved form from the 6 am crew. Jenny worked the kinks out of her deadlift!

• Candice says:

Awesome Chuck! Nice PR’s!

Didn’t do the jerk today…shoulder was preventing me from locking out without incredible pain.
    1RM DL – 325# *PR and it felt rather simple.
    Went for 330# and it felt like I had added 50#. Couldn’t get it without rounding so let it go.

Stayed to work on parallette HSPU, butterfly pull ups, and 100 double unders.
    *PR on the 100 double unders – 1:00 flat.

• GSX Admin says:

What a killer morning! 0600 and 0830 classes put out some incredible work. Not sure what Patrick’s PRs were, but Chuck T. made magic happen and added 70# between two lifts! Candice PRed her deadlift as well.

Special note to Jay and Jenny who made dramatic improvements in their deadlift form. Just FYI, Jenny will deadlift 200# before the end of the year.

Have a good weekend, eat lots of fat.

Chuck B.

• Chuck says:

Good coaching and fish oil…good coaching and fish oil!

• Steve Kicinski says:

Just worked form on Jerks. DL’s felt pretty good and gave 450 a yank. Got it 3/4 of the way up and my low back tightened, so I aborted. Did day 30 of the HSPU challenge and it’s good to be done. My body and brain are telling me to back off, so I’ll listen. I’ll go half intensity next week. Props to everyone for good performances today.

• GSX Admin says:

Because I love all of you, here are some LOLs:

• Candice says:

Haha! RIDICULOUS…Funny stuff and I am pretty sure there are a few of us that have felt like this guy after a heavy DL…except we are smart enough to know the black out is coming and get to the ground quickly before we eat it!

• Jenny says:

Thanks Chuck B!

• Brennan says:

Candice, if you want me to look at your shoulder let me know. You can call me at 817-470-6684.

• raif says:

Sounds like they’re were a lot of pr’s today! Nice work by Chuck, Candice and Steve especially. I clean and jerked 285 then cleaned 295 but missed the jerk.

• Candice says:

Raif is a beast…and one of these days 285 and 295 will be my Pr…on my back squat maybe! Animal!

Thanks, Brennan! I think I have knots that are so bad in my shoulders, traps, and lats that everything is just super tight. Chuck B showed me one in my lats yesterday that about sent me to the ground! Ouch!